The Economics In a Box curriculum is built around two major texts that are used throughout the course: Common Sense Economics Revised and Updated and Money, Greed, and God. Additionally, Whatever Happened to Penny Candy?, while only used during the first three weeks of the course, serves to support the curriculum by introducing the basic principles of economics in a fun, interesting, and easy-to-understand manner.
Three core texts:
While not a core text, The Law by Frederic Bastiat is a strongly recommended read. This book will serve as the basis for an optional essay. It is a fascinating read, and its principles, while being timeless, are especially timely today.
The EBox Teacher and Student Guides:
- Economics In a Box Teacher Guide contains a comprehensive answer key for the student’s daily assignments, quizzes and exams; as well as detailed activities and discussion guides to enrich the learning foster critical thinking.
- Economics In a Box Student Guide contains comprehension questions for each of the required readings as well as quizzes designed to the explore the practical application of economic principles.
EBox Teacher CD/DVD Pack contains:
- abc MACROEconomics DVD with John Stossel (15 video clips)
- abc MICROEconomics DVD with John Stossel (16 video clips)
- Acton Media DVD Contains 8 clips with over two hours of viewing time.
- The Common Sense Reader CD—Teacher
- This CD includes over 25 articles by well known leaders in economic thought as well as several booklets from the Heritage Foundation and The Mackinac Center for Public Policy.
- The Common Sense Reader –Teacher also includes printable exams, and student handouts for most extension activities.
EBox Student CD/DVD Pack contains:
- The Common Sense Reader—Student
- This CD includes over 25 articles by well-known leaders in economic thought as well as several booklets from The Heritage Foundation and the Mackinac Center for Public Policy.
- Eight Economic Principles DVD
- This engaging, fast-paced lecture used in the first week of the course clearly articulates many of the foundational principles woven throughout the Economics In a Box.
For Package options and prices go to
How much does it cost?